Saturday 26 September 2009

Arrival in Toronto on first day - 16 September 2009

As I did not have access to freely available PC facilities on the trip I am posting the following comments and those on subsequent dates as I have opportunity after my return to the UK.

The flight to Pearson International Airport was uneventful and arrived an hour early after a trip of only six hours. Fortunately I had the good company of two ladies who proved to be most amusing company.

I had intended to take the Airport Express bus to the Radisson Hotel on the Harbourside, but one of the ladies was being met by her daughter who had available transport and who kindly provided a lift.  Her name was Alison and she was employed by the Canadian Girl Guides Association.  Not only that, but as an expat from the UK turned out to be an Everton Supporter and member of the 'Toronto Toffees' supporters' club. It truly is a small world!


After a short trip out downtown and dinner at the Richtree Market Restaurant, a favourite of Joyce and myself, I retired to prepare to revisit places I like in theToronto area on Thursday. My hotel?  Overlooking Lake Ontario almost in line with the base of the CN tower above.

No comments:

Post a Comment